Monday, May 11, 2009

Small Talk FAIL

Yesterday I was at the pharmacy. Sidecar (I've started using this instead of sidebar; spread the word!): I am at the pharmacy at least one day a week. When I go to the QFC and just WALK PAST the pharmacy, the staff smiles and waves at me. Sometimes when my insurance is being ridiculous I get to go to the pharmacy EVERY DAY and have individual pills dispensed to me. They know me by order, like baristas. It's fun!

Anyway.

When I got up to the counter, I realized that the person being helped by the other pharmacist was someone I've met a few times and am friendly with. I was about to say hello when HIS pharmacist came up to him and said, "Okay, here's your [name of psychoactive medication]!" and then MY pharmacist asked, "Are you just getting the [name of my psychoactive medication] refilled today?" and then it became abundantly clear that he and I would not be exchanging pleasantries that day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. Awkward.

    Wish we could share a tub of pudding and dish about it.

    ReplyDelete